MICROWAVE CREAMED CORN
6 or 7 largeears very fresh corn (3 cups kernels & corn "milk")
4 Tbspbutter, divided 3 tbsp. & 1 tbsp.
2 to 2 1/2 Tbspgranulated sugar (depends on desired sweetness)
·ground black pepper to taste (optional)
1 pinchsmoked paprika for garnish (optional)
How to Make MICROWAVE CREAMED CORN
- **NOTE: We grow our own corn, and every year, we cut the corn off the cobs, then measure 3 cups into a freezer bag, and freeze for later. If you do the same, you may either allow the corn to thaw in a bowl in the refrigerator for a day or two (bowl is recommended in case of leaks) or you may remove freezer bag, put corn in a microwave safe bowl, add the 3 tablespoons water, cover and nuke on 50% power until thawed, then continue with recipe.
- Remove husks and silk from corn; wash cobs.
- In large bowl, cut kernels from cob; use blunt edge of knife blade (or tool of your choice) to scrape milk from the cobs.
- Add 3 cups of corn and it's milk to a 2 qt. microwave-safe bowl/dish with lid.
- Stir corn, replace lid and continue cooking and stirring, at 1 to 2 minute intervals, until mixture thickens and resembles a pudding or very thick gravy.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Reheat in microwave with a little water added.