- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 plump garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sweet bell peppers or a combination of red, yellow and orange peppers, coarsely chopped
- 4 large hothouse tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- hot sauce
- salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make Mediterranean Piperade
- 1Heat oil or butter in large skillet or heavy casserole over medium heat. Add onion and cook til tender. Add garlic and peppers and cook for 10 minutes stirring often.
- 2Add tomatoes and thyme. Season to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for another 15 minutes.