How to Make Maple Irish Whiskey Carrots
- 1Clean and peel carrots. Cut into rounds about 1/4-inch thick.
- 2Combine mustard, salt, pepper, maple syrup, garlic, and rosemary in a small pan over a medium heat.
- 3Cook for 5 minutes at a simmer. Remove pan from heat and stir in whiskey.
- 4Return pan to heat and simmer for another 8 minutes. The syrup should be thick and bubbly. Set aside in a warm place. Do not allow to cool off.
- 5Bring water to boil in a large pan over a high heat. Place carrots in boiling water and cook until tender. Drain carrots and place them in a serving dish.
- 6Add syrup glaze to carrots and mix gently to coat. Makes about 6 servings.