LEMON PEPPER POTATOES--BONNIE
The photo is my own and so is this humble recipe.
- medium red potatoes, uniform in size, cut in half
- tablespoons butter
- tablespoons lemon juice
- teaspoon minced garlic from jar
- tablespoons fine chopped green onion
- teaspoon salt for potato water
- teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make LEMON PEPPER POTATOES--BONNIE
- 1PREPARE THE POTATOES:
Wash the potatoes and cut away any unsightly blemishes or eyes but leave some of the red skin on the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half. Place the cleaned potatoes in a pan with a tight fitting lid, cover with water, add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water and bring to a boil, and cook potatoes until tender when tested with a fork. Drain the potatoes in a colander. Keep them hot while you make the lemon pepper butter.
- 2MAKE THE LEMON PEPPER BUTTER:
Place the hot pan you used to boil the potatoes in back on the burner on medium low heat. Add the butter, lemon pepper, garlic, lemon juice. Mix well, get it hot and then add the potatoes to the pan carefully, turning them over very gently to coat with the lemon pepper butter. Season with the salt and pepper, and add the green onions, turn one more time and serve. Enjoy!
- 3Cook's Tip: This dish comes together very fast as soon as the potatoes are drained. You can buy yourself some time by leaving the potatoes in the hot water until you are almost ready to serve. Then drain and add potatoes to the butter as directed below.