6 smallnew potatoes, sliced
3carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 cbroccoli florets
1 ccauliflower florets
1 stickbutter or margarine
1/4 call-purpose flour
1/4 clemon juice (bottled is fine)
1/2 tspdried dill weed
How to Make Lemon-Dilled Vegetables
- Steam vegetables or boil in lightly salted water until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Place vegetables in a serving bowl.
- Melt butter or margarine in heavy saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, dill weed and salt.
- Serve over top of vegetables.