★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground brat sausage patties
6 ozcream cheese, softened
1 can(s)( 14.5 oz) well-drained sauerkraut
1/2 ccrushed french fried onions
1 tspcoarse ground or dijon mustard
1/2 ccooked bacon pieces
1 Tbspbrown sugar
2 cfinely crushed cheese crackers
How to Make Kraut Fritters
- Crumble up the sausage meat and brown in a medium skillet over med-high heat,stirring to break up the meat.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Stir in softened cream cheese, kraut, onions, mustard, bacon, and brown sugar until all is well-mixed.
- Cover and chill in freezer 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place crushed cheese crackers in a flat shallow dish.
- Roll the sausage ixture into abaout 2" balls, then roll in cracker crumbs to coat well.
- Line 2 medium or one large baking sheet with foil, then spray with cooking spray.
- Place the coated kraut fritter balls on baking sheets, and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown, turning once during the baking time. When you turn the fritters you may press down to slightly flatten for a flatter fritter.
- Remove from oven and let cool on sheets for 3-4 minutes, then remove to serving plate. Serve warm.
- Optional for dipping: Mix 3 oz softend cream cheese with 1/4 C coarse ground mustard and 2 T honey.