★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground brat sausage patties
- 6 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 can(s)
- ( 14.5 oz) well-drained sauerkraut
- 1/2 c
- crushed french fried onions
- 1 tsp
- coarse ground or dijon mustard
- 1/2 c
- cooked bacon pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 2 c
- finely crushed cheese crackers
How to Make Kraut Fritters
- 1Crumble up the sausage meat and brown in a medium skillet over med-high heat,stirring to break up the meat.
- 2Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 3Stir in softened cream cheese, kraut, onions, mustard, bacon, and brown sugar until all is well-mixed.
- 4Cover and chill in freezer 10-15 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Place crushed cheese crackers in a flat shallow dish.
- 7Roll the sausage ixture into abaout 2" balls, then roll in cracker crumbs to coat well.
- 8Line 2 medium or one large baking sheet with foil, then spray with cooking spray.
- 9Place the coated kraut fritter balls on baking sheets, and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown, turning once during the baking time. When you turn the fritters you may press down to slightly flatten for a flatter fritter.
- 10Remove from oven and let cool on sheets for 3-4 minutes, then remove to serving plate. Serve warm.
- 11Optional for dipping: Mix 3 oz softend cream cheese with 1/4 C coarse ground mustard and 2 T honey.