·this is the standard recipe if you have just 4 lbs of cukes, i usually have bags and bags that i do at a time.
4 lbpickling cukes
14 clovegarlic peeled and split
1/4 cpickling salt
2 3/4 cwhite vinegar
2 3/4 cwater
12 - 14sprigs fresh dill
How to Make Kosher Dills
- Wash and sterilize 6-7 pints or 3-4 quart jars, lids and rings.
- Wash and prepare cukes to your liking (quartered lengthwise, sliced thin rounds, sliced thin lenghwise, chunks, etc.)
- Combine garlic, salt, vinegar and water (brine); heat to boiling.
- In the bottom of each jar place 4 (or 8 depending on pint or quart) peppercorns as well as dill.
- Remove garlic from boiling brine and divide equally between jars. Pack cukes in jars to within an inch of the top.
- Pour brine over cukes to within 1/2 inch of top. Top with a lid/ring and place in water bath.
- When all jars are in boiling water bath process 10 minutes. Jars 'pop' when removed from bath.