- this is the standard recipe if you have just 4 lbs of cukes, i usually have bags and bags that i do at a time.
- 4 lb
- pickling cukes
- 14 clove
- garlic peeled and split
- 1/4 c
- pickling salt
- 2 3/4 c
- white vinegar
- 2 3/4 c
- 12 - 14
- sprigs fresh dill
How to Make Kosher Dills
- 1Wash and sterilize 6-7 pints or 3-4 quart jars, lids and rings.
- 2Wash and prepare cukes to your liking (quartered lengthwise, sliced thin rounds, sliced thin lenghwise, chunks, etc.)
- 3Combine garlic, salt, vinegar and water (brine); heat to boiling.
- 4In the bottom of each jar place 4 (or 8 depending on pint or quart) peppercorns as well as dill.
- 5Remove garlic from boiling brine and divide equally between jars. Pack cukes in jars to within an inch of the top.
- 6Pour brine over cukes to within 1/2 inch of top. Top with a lid/ring and place in water bath.
- 7When all jars are in boiling water bath process 10 minutes. Jars 'pop' when removed from bath.