★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large
- head of cabbage
- 1 c
- (coffee mug) full or real mayonaise
- 1 or 2 Tbsp
- (start with 1) of prepared mustard
How to Make Kitty's Slaw
- 1Grate cabbage by hand on a grater or else use a food processor. DO NOT SLICE IT! It must be grated.
- 2In the cup or mug, add the MAYONAISE and mustard and enough sugar so that when you mix it, you see the sugar all in the mixture. I would say at least a 1/4c. or more. The amount of sugar and mustard is key here and while I hate to say this, I measure it by looking at it. You want it to be sort of a very light mustardy color that looks somewhat grainy if that makes sense.
- 3Pour most of this into or onto the grated cabbage and stir. Add more if needed. This usually depends on how big the head of cabbage is and how dense. You dont want it too runny, as its suppose to cling together, but not be runny. As the sugar begins to melt and also the cabbage gets a bit watery from working it, it will be way too runny if you have added too much of the sauce.
This is so good with everything and the cabbage is good for you. Your kids will probably like this one as its sweet and oh so tasty!