KFC - Creamy Coleslaw - Clone
As much for the texture as for flavor -- KFC has Got it Right. A mouthful of Heavenly Mush.
After extensive research and trials in the kitchen, this is about as close as it gets.
It's addictive -- And KFC always leaves you wanting more. Hope this has the same effect.
1/2 cmayonnaise ( prefer hellmanns)
1/3 csugar granulated
1/3 cbuttermilk (you can sub with 2 teaspoon sour cream)
2 Tbsplemon juice fresh or real lemon from bottle
1 1/2 Tbspwhite vinegar
1 mediumhead of cabbage grated very fine
1/4 ccarrots, grated very fine
2 Tbspsweet onion minced very fine
How to Make KFC - Creamy Coleslaw - Clone
- Shred or mince cabbage, carrots and onions very fine, to size of a grain of rice.
- Mix mayo, sugar, milk, buttermilk or sour cream, lemon juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add sauce to the well mixed and well distributed cabbage, carrots and onion. Stir and incorporate well.
- Place in refrigerator and allow at least 2 hours before serving. Best if allowed to set in fridge overnight.
- Note: A food processor works best for mincing the veggies. The alternative is the smaller holes of a handheld shredder. Yields about a quart and a half.
- As I noted, much of the appeal of KFC's slaw is the texture as well as the flavor. Enjoy!