2 lbcollard greens
2 Tbspcanola oil
1/2 conion, finely chopped
1jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
2plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
1freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Kenyan-Style Collard Greens with Lemon
- Wash the collard greens in several changes of water.
- Remove the stems.
- Stack the greens a few at a time and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the collard greens and cook 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and jalapeno, saute 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the greens, salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and cook 1 minute.