Junior's Creamy Coleslaw
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
5 largecarrots, peeled, shredded (about 1 1/2 lbs)
1head green cabbage, shredded (about 2 lbs)
2 Tbspcider vinegar
1 tspminced garlic
1 tspground white pepper
How to Make Junior's Creamy Coleslaw
- Make dressing first so it's ready to toss on vegetables as soon as they are shredded.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, garlic, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots and cabbage.
- Immediately pour dressing over cabbage mix and toss until all vegetables are well-coated. Cover bowl and refrigerate until vegetables wilt just a little, about 15 minutes. (The flavors blend even better if slaw marinates in refrigerator for about 1 hour.)
- Toss again before serving to redistribute any dressing that has settled in the bottom of the bowl.
- This recipe yields 16 servings (3 quarts).