Joy's Southern Style Greenbeans
- 2 can(s)
- 6 lbs. del monte fancy cut green beans
- 1 pkg
- hormel or oscar mayer maple bacon
- 2 can(s)
- potatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- salt and pepper to your taste
- lawry's seasoning salt to your taste
- 4 Tbsp
- minced onions
How to Make Joy's Southern Style Greenbeans
- 1Open one can and pour off about half the water. Pour about half the can into slow cooker or crock pot, which is set on high. Add the white vinegar, salt and pepper to your taste, Lawry's seasoning salt to your taste, and 2 Tbsp minced onion. Open 1 can of potatoes and drain, then add to pot.
- 2Take package of bacon and cut in half. Cook one half of bacon and layer about six pieces on top of beans and potatoes. Pour drippings in over the beans.
- 3Pour in rest of can 1 and repeat step 2. Open can #2 of green beans pour off all the water. Pour in half the can and repeat Step 1 minus the vinegar.
- 4Repeat step 2 and cook the remaining bacon and layer with the potatoes and beans. Seasoning to your taste on each layer of beans.
- 5Cook in slow cooker or crock pot for 8 hours. ENJOY!