Joy's Southern Style Greenbeans
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 can(s)6 lbs. del monte fancy cut green beans
1 pkghormel or oscar mayer maple bacon
2 can(s)potatoes, sliced
2 Tbspwhite vinegar
·salt and pepper to your taste
·lawry's seasoning salt to your taste
4 Tbspminced onions
How to Make Joy's Southern Style Greenbeans
- Open one can and pour off about half the water. Pour about half the can into slow cooker or crock pot, which is set on high. Add the white vinegar, salt and pepper to your taste, Lawry's seasoning salt to your taste, and 2 Tbsp minced onion. Open 1 can of potatoes and drain, then add to pot.
- Take package of bacon and cut in half. Cook one half of bacon and layer about six pieces on top of beans and potatoes. Pour drippings in over the beans.
- Pour in rest of can 1 and repeat step 2. Open can #2 of green beans pour off all the water. Pour in half the can and repeat Step 1 minus the vinegar.
- Repeat step 2 and cook the remaining bacon and layer with the potatoes and beans. Seasoning to your taste on each layer of beans.
- Cook in slow cooker or crock pot for 8 hours. ENJOY!