Jeanne's Cooler Corn
·clean picnic cooler (ice chest)
·cleaned and shucked corn on the cob (i did @ 2 dozen ears of corn)
·large pot of boiling water (i use a large stock pot), enough to cover the corn
1/3 cgranulated sugar (per large pot of water) (probably could use splenda)
1/3 csalt (per large pot of water)
How to Make Jeanne's Cooler Corn
- In a large pot, add water, salt and sugar..... bring to a boil.
- Be sure the inside of the cooler is clean; add the shucked ears.
- Carefully pour boiling water over the corn and close the cooler lid. (DO NOT OPEN FOR AT LEAST 30 TO 40 MINUTES)
- In 30-40 minutes, your corn will be perfectly cooked and will remain warm for a couple of hours.
- The corn is perfect and really doesn’t need anything, but you can butter it as you normally would. It is really sweet enough and salty enough without adding more.