It beets me!
Irisa Raina 9
What I do with any leftover brine is I put it in a small jar and add some oil to it and then you have a great salad dressing!
If you can’t find the pomegranate vinegar, use red wine vinegar.
This is one of those dishes’ that will be better the second day “ if you have any leftover”.
Another thing to do with this is to add this to a salad. Just chop the beets into matchsticks!
- 2 – 15 ounce cans sliced beets “ not pickled “
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 smallish jalapeno pepper “ 1 seeded and chopped & 1 not seeded just chopped”
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup pomegranate vinegar
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
How to Make It beets me!
- 2Drain the beets and set the liquid aside from the cans. Refrigerate the beets.
- 5Turn off the brine and let it cool in the pot, till it is barely warm.
- 12Toss with a wee bit of the brine, and refrigerate for about 3 hours.