Hot SauerKraut Balls
These are great to freeze and reheat in the oven at 300 degrees until hot. Great to have on hand.
I did not include the chill time.
2 bunchgreen onions (use the green)
1 lbbulk sausage (mild or spicey)
2 tspready to use minced garlic
4 Tbspflour and extra on hand
1/2 cbeef bouillon
3 cdrained saucerkraut - chopped
1 Tbspdried parsley
2 cfresh dry bread crumbs
1 bottlechili sauce
How to Make Hot SauerKraut Balls
- In a skillet brown the chopped green onions, garlic and sausage.
- Add 4 TB flour Stir over low heat until sausage is well coated.
- Add the beef broth, kraut, and the parsley. Cook over low heat until stiff.
- Chill the mixture for a couple hours.
- I use a small cookie scoop and make balls. Roll in flour
- Beat the one egg with one cup of milk. Roll the ball in the mixture. Then in the bread crumbs.
- Fry in deep fryer for 2-3 mins. Drain on papertowels. Enjoy hot with bottled chili sauce.