Hot SauerKraut Balls
These are great to freeze and reheat in the oven at 300 degrees until hot. Great to have on hand.
I did not include the chill time.
- 2 bunch
- green onions (use the green)
- 1 lb
- bulk sausage (mild or spicey)
- 2 tsp
- ready to use minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp
- flour and extra on hand
- 1/2 c
- beef bouillon
- 3 c
- drained saucerkraut - chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley
- 1 large
- 1 c
- 2 c
- fresh dry bread crumbs
- 1 bottle
- chili sauce
How to Make Hot SauerKraut Balls
- 1In a skillet brown the chopped green onions, garlic and sausage.
- 2Add 4 TB flour Stir over low heat until sausage is well coated.
- 3Add the beef broth, kraut, and the parsley. Cook over low heat until stiff.
- 4Chill the mixture for a couple hours.
- 5I use a small cookie scoop and make balls. Roll in flour
- 6Beat the one egg with one cup of milk. Roll the ball in the mixture. Then in the bread crumbs.
- 7Fry in deep fryer for 2-3 mins. Drain on papertowels. Enjoy hot with bottled chili sauce.