How to Make Hot Asian Celery Salad
- Separate the sticks of celery from the plant, wash and trim.
- Cut every stick of celery verticall into halves. Bring all the half sticks together and cut all the sticks horizontally into 1 inch pieces.
- Boil 3 cups of water. Put the celery in the water as soon as the water boils.
- Take out the celery right before the water is about to boil again; drain. DO NOT take out after the water is boiled. Celery should still be crisp.
- In another pan, pour in the vegetable oil. Heat on high.
- Chop the green onion into very small pieces.
- Add the onion, ginger, and Chinese pepper into the pan. Cook for half a minute. Turn off heat.
- Add the celery and salt into the pan and mix. Serve and enjoy.