Canned chilies are packed with a little liquid. Unless otherwise noted, use the liquid along with the chilies in your recipes.
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- medium onion, chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 3/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 c
- 1 can(s)
- (4-ozs.) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cumin
- 3 can(s)
- (15-ozs.) each golden hominy, drained
How to Make Hominy Casserole
- 1In a small skillet, heat oil. Saute onion and garlic until tender.
- 2Place in a bowl; add sour cream, half of the cheese, milk, chilies and cumin. Add hominy; mix well.
- 3Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve immediately.