★★★★★ 1 vote5
·2 cans of beets
·1 tablespoon margarine or butter
·1 tablespoon of cornstarch
·1/4-1/2 cup sugar
·apple cider vinegar to taste
·salt and pepper if desired(i skip these)
·chopped onions if desired or about 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
How to Make Harvard Beets
- Melt margarine and add cornstarch to make a roux.
- Drain beet juice into roux and stir until thick. You may need to add a little water. If you want to add onions now is the time.
- Add sugar, then add vinegar to taste. It only takes a small amount.
- Put beets in glaze and simmer for about 20 minutes or until beets are heated through.
- Stir occasionally as they tend to stick.