Hampshire Mashed Potatoes
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Hampshire Mashed Potatoes
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until they break apart when pierced with a fork.
- Drain the liquid from the potatoes (reserve it for gravy if you wish) and return the potatoes to low heat to dry any moisture remaining.
- Scoop the sour cream into the bottom of the pan with the potatoes and allow to heat. Add butter.
- Whip potatoes with electric mixer until light, smooth and fluffy. Add additional salt if necessary.