Grilled Spinach Stuffed Portabellos
1 mediumshallot, finely chopped
1/4 cbalsamic vinegar
3 tspdijon mustard
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspblack pepper, freshly ground
1/4 colive oil
8 largeportobello mushroom caps
3 Tbspolive oil
2 tspkosher salt
2 tspblack pepper, freshly ground
10 ozbaby spinach, stems removed
2 ozmanchego cheese, thinkly shaved with veggie peeler
2 Tbspfresh chives, finely chopped
How to Make Grilled Spinach Stuffed Portabellos
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Brush mushroom caps on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Consider mixing S&P with oil as mushroom caps will quickly absorb the oil.
- Grill top side down until slightly charred, about 4 minutes. Flip caps and repeat.
- While briskly whisking, drizzle olive oil into balsamic until emulsified. Once emulsified, add shallot, mustard and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place spinach in bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Divide half of the spinach among 4 plates. Top with half of the Manchego cheese and then a mushroom cap. Prepeat the layers in the same order using the remaining spinach and cheese and top with remaining mushroom cap.
- Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over the mushrooms and garnish with chives.