Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Havarti Cheese
Recipe is my own.
- portobello mushrooms
- olive oil or zesty italian dressing
- havarti cheese slices
- garlic salt with parsely
How to Make Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Havarti Cheese
- 1Break or cut cap off mushroom. Clean with a damp paper towel or clean tea towel. Do not submerge mushroom in water to clean.
- 2Brush with olive oil or Zesty Italian dressing between the gills and then turn the mushroom over and lay in either olive oil or Zesty Italian dressing to marinate for at least one hour. Preheat grill to Medium-Medium high.
- 3Right before grilling, shake excess marinate off.Season the side you are placing down first with salt and pepper. (I use garlic salt and pepper) Place on hot grill. Season side facing up right away with salt and pepper. (or garlic salt and pepper) Grill on each side until mushroom starts to shrivel or lose it's shape slightly. You want it to either start to caramelize or get deep/dark grill marks. Be patient, this can take time.
- 4Right before you pull the mushrooms off the grill, place a slice (I use 2) of Havarti cheese on top of each mushroom and close the lid for 30 seconds. It will melt fast.