Grilled Garlic Mushrooms
- 2 medium
- shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- each olive oil and butter, unsalted and melted
- 1 lb
- mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 4-5 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- butter, unsalted, cut into bits
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp
- dry sherry
How to Make Grilled Garlic Mushrooms
- 1Heat 1 butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic, cook, stirring, until slightly softened, and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 2You’ll need a grill-proof dish, or alternatively, you could prepare these in foil packets (I use a glazed clay dish).
- 3Layer mushrooms and butter bits, seasonings each layer with salt and cracked black pepper. Drizzle with sherry
- 4Cover dish with foil.
Grill over low coals about 20 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.