Grilled Collard Greens
This recipe is a twist on the southern favorite that makes it to our dinner table at least once a month...hold the gravy, of course.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 bunch
- collard greens
- 2 slice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- louisiana hot sauce
How to Make Grilled Collard Greens
- 1Preheat grill to high.
- 2Bring large pot of salted water to rapid boil and add slices of bacon.
- 3Remove the thick portion of the ribs from the collard greens and discard.
- 4Add leaves to the boiling water and blanch for about 2 minutes.
- 5Remove the greens from the water and run cool water over all the greens to stop the cooking process.
- 6Stack the leaves on top of one another, 8-9 at a time.
- 7Grill each stack of collard greens for about 4 minutes per side.
- 8Transfer leaves to cutting board, roughly chop, and season with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.