Grilled Collard Greens
This recipe is a twist on the southern favorite that makes it to our dinner table at least once a month...hold the gravy, of course.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 bunchcollard greens
·salt and freshly ground black pepper
·louisiana hot sauce
How to Make Grilled Collard Greens
- Preheat grill to high.
- Bring large pot of salted water to rapid boil and add slices of bacon.
- Remove the thick portion of the ribs from the collard greens and discard.
- Add leaves to the boiling water and blanch for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the greens from the water and run cool water over all the greens to stop the cooking process.
- Stack the leaves on top of one another, 8-9 at a time.
- Grill each stack of collard greens for about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer leaves to cutting board, roughly chop, and season with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.