Grilled Asparagus with Cashews
1 lbfresh asparagus spears
2 Tbspmargarine or butter
1/2 tspeach of salt & pepper
1/4 cchopped cashews
·optional: 1 teaspoon of soy sauce to each packet.
How to Make Grilled Asparagus with Cashews
- Heat grill. Cut 18 x 18 inch sheet of heavy-duty foil. As many as you will need.
- Break off tough ends of asparagus as far down as stalks snap easily.
- Place asparagus on center of each foil.
- Top each with butter, salt & pepper to taste and soy sauce if desired. (Can omit this)
- Bring up two sides of foil over asparagues so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2 inch fold.
Fold again, alowing space for heat to circulate and also for expansion. Fold ends to seal.
- Place packet or packets on grill over low heat.
- Cover grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating packet 1/2 turn after four minutes until asparagus is tender.
- To serve, cut a large x across top of each packet. Carefully fold back foil to allow steam to escape.
- Sporinkle with cashews. And divide packet between two people is desired. Serve hot with your favorite grilled meats or fish.