★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 bunch
- mixed greens cleaned and steamed
- 1/2 lb
- bacon chopped 1" pieces
- smoked ham hock
- smoked turkey necks or leg
- 2 medium
- onions chopped
- 6 clove
- garlic minced
- 1 bunch
- green onions chopped (optional)
- 7 c
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make greens with ham hocks and smoked turkey
- 1if leaves are large cut in half
- 2cook the bacon in a large stock pot.
- 3add water, broth, and vinegar to pot and bring to a boil.
- 4add ham hock and smoked turkey, onions,garlic, salt and pepper.Let mixture boil for ten minutes.
- 5add greens and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 4 - 5 hrs or until well cooked and most of the water is cooked away