Green Tomato and Onion Casserole
How to Make Green Tomato and Onion Casserole
- I used the smaller green tomotoes and sliced enough for making two layers.
- After slicing the onion I cooked it in a sauce pan with the butter until transparent. remove from the stove and remove the onions to a small bowl.
- crumble up the engish muffins ( or whatever bread you want to use) I used english muffins as I had only 2 left and wanted to use them up. Anyway, crumble them into the pan you cooked the onions in as there should be enough butter in there to coat the bread and brown a little. Remove from pan and get ready to put together the casserole.
- Take your sliced tomatoes and line them in the bottom of the dish you are going to bake them in.
- Add a layer of onion over first row of tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper
- add another layer of tomato and another layer of onion.
- add some salt and pepper
- place the toasted bread over all
- Bake 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes