Green Tomato and Onion Casserole
How to Make Green Tomato and Onion Casserole
- 1I used the smaller green tomotoes and sliced enough for making two layers.
- 2After slicing the onion I cooked it in a sauce pan with the butter until transparent. remove from the stove and remove the onions to a small bowl.
- 3crumble up the engish muffins ( or whatever bread you want to use) I used english muffins as I had only 2 left and wanted to use them up. Anyway, crumble them into the pan you cooked the onions in as there should be enough butter in there to coat the bread and brown a little. Remove from pan and get ready to put together the casserole.
- 4Take your sliced tomatoes and line them in the bottom of the dish you are going to bake them in.
- 5Add a layer of onion over first row of tomatoes.
- 6Add salt and pepper
- 7add another layer of tomato and another layer of onion.
- 8add some salt and pepper
- 9place the toasted bread over all
- 10Bake 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes