Green Beans With Shiitake Mushrooms
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- 6 Tbsp
- 8 oz
- fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- shallots, chopped
- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lb
- slender green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 c
- canned low-salt chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Green Beans With Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to medium bowl.
- 2Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in same skillet. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add green beans and toss to coat with butter. Pour broth over green bean mixture. Cover and simmer until liquid evaporates and green beans are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in shiitake mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to platter and serve.