GREEN BEANS WITH SESAME SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped scallions
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
How to Make GREEN BEANS WITH SESAME SAUCE
- 1In a spice grinder or a mortar, finely grind 6 tbsp. sesame seeds. Transfer to a small food processor. Add remaining sesame seeds, soy sauce, and sugar; process into a paste. Set aside.
- 2Bring an 8-qt. pot of salted water to a boil. Add beans; cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to a large bowl of ice water; let chill. Drain and dry beans. Whisk vinegar, scallions, and ginger with reserved sesame paste in a bowl; add beans and toss.