☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 medium
- onions, cut into 14 vertical wedges
- 6 Tbsp
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp
- sugar (i use less)
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 3 lb
- green beans, trimmed
How to Make Green Beans With Roasted Onions
- 1Preheat oven to 450ºF. Spray 2 heavy large baking sheets with vegetable oil spray.
- 2Arrange onions in single layer on prepared sheets. Dot onions with 4 tablespoons butter, dividing equally. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until onions are dark brown on bottom, about 35 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, boil broth in heavy large skillet over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 6 minutes. Add sugar and vinegar and whisk until sugar dissolves and moisture comes to boil.
- 4Add onions to sauce; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat over low heat before continuing).
- 5Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well. Return beans to same pot. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and toss to coat. Mound beans in large shallow bowl. Top with onion mixture and serve.