Green Beans With Caramelized Onions And Porcini Mushrooms Recipe
It takes some time but it is soooo worth it!!
How to Make Green Beans With Caramelized Onions And Porcini Mushrooms Recipe
- 1Rinse mushrooms well, then soak in warm water for one hour. Drain, pat dry and chop coarsely.
- 2Cut onion into slices 1/8-inch thick. Melt butter over medium heat, then add onions and reduce to medium-low. Cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until deep brown, about 30 minutes.
- 3Bring 4 quarts water to a boil and cook beans for 5 minutes.
- 4While beans are cooking, add garlic and porcini to onions. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until porcini are warmed through. Add salt and pepper to taste and cover to keep warm while beans finish cooking.
- 5Drain beans well, mix in mushrooms and onions and serve.