Green Beans Supreme
1 lbfresh green beans - cut in pieces
1/2 lbmushrooms, sliced
1/2 cham, cooked and chopped
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
1 cheavy cream
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Green Beans Supreme
- Cook green beans in salted water using the 1/2 teaspoon salt in covered pot until crisp tender. Drain.
- In skillet, saute sliced mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add mushrooms to green beans using slotted spoon.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter and cream to beans and cook, uncovered, on low heat until absorbed.
- In a small bowl, beat egg, nutmeg, lemon juice and grated parmesan cheese.
- Stir ham into green beans and mushrooms and heat through.
- Mix egg mixture in and remove form heat.
- Makes 6 servings.