Green Beans Supreme
- 1 lb
- fresh green beans - cut in pieces
- 1 c
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- ham, cooked and chopped
- 1 dash(es)
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Green Beans Supreme
- 1Cook green beans in salted water using the 1/2 teaspoon salt in covered pot until crisp tender. Drain.
- 2In skillet, saute sliced mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter.
- 3Add mushrooms to green beans using slotted spoon.
- 4Add 3 tablespoons butter and cream to beans and cook, uncovered, on low heat until absorbed.
- 5In a small bowl, beat egg, nutmeg, lemon juice and grated parmesan cheese.
- 6Stir ham into green beans and mushrooms and heat through.
- 7Mix egg mixture in and remove form heat.
- 8Makes 6 servings.