Green Beans in Olive Oil
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Green Beans in Olive Oil
- Trim beans & cut into 3 pieces, wash & drain.
- Put onion & tomato into a heavy pan. Sprinkle with salt & rub in lightly with fingers. Stir in the beans, olive oil & sugar, mix well.
- Cover & cook for 15 minutes over medium heat. Stir occasionally. The beans will lose their color & soften. When all the moisture has been absorbed, stir-fry the beans for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cover & simmer for 40 to 50 minutes, till the beans are tender. Add more water if necessary, 1/2 cup at a time. When cooked, the dish should be very moist but not watery.
- Serve cold as part of a buffet.