Green Beans Braised with Tomatoes and Basil
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 cwhite onion, finely chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 1/2 lbgreen beans, trimmed
2 largeplum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 cfresh basil leaves, packed
How to Make Green Beans Braised with Tomatoes and Basil
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until onion softens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, tomatoes, basil leaves, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook until beans are crisp-tender, stirring and tossing occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.