Green Beans Braised with Tomatoes and Basil
Vicki Butts (lazyme)5
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c
- white onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb
- green beans, trimmed
- 2 large
- plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 c
- fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 c
How to Make Green Beans Braised with Tomatoes and Basil
- 1Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic and saute until onion softens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add green beans, tomatoes, basil leaves, and 1/2 cup water.
- 4Cook until beans are crisp-tender, stirring and tossing occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Transfer to bowl and serve.