Green Beans and Squash1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbgreen beans
4 Tbspunsalted butter
1garlic clove, finely chopped
1/4 ccurrant jelly
1/4 cbasil, fresh chopped
1/4 cparsley, chopped
1 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 cwalnuts, toasted, chopped
How to Make Green Beans and Squash
- Peel and seed butternut squash, and cut into 2x1/2x1/2" sticks.
- Cook green beans in 2" boiling water in large skillet or dutch oven for 6 minutes.
- Add squash; cook 6-8 minutes or just until tender when pierced with fork.
- Drain; rinse with cold running water. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated.)
- Heat butter in same pan over medium heat.
- Add galic; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in jelly, basil, parsley, salt and pepper, stirring until jelly is melted.
- Add beans and squash; heat through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon onto serving platter. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve hot or warm.