★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
1 largeclove garlic, cut in half
8 ozgreen beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 smallsweet white onion, diced
1 ptcherry tomatoes, halved
How to Make Green Bean & Tommy-Toe Salad
- Place oil and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put green beans in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the beans are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the beans and transfer to a serving bowl. Discard the garlic and add the garlic-infused oil to the beans. Add onion and salt; gently toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the beans and gently stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- Serving size:3/4 cup each
Calories:132, Fat:11g, Sat Fat:2g, Mono Fat:8g, Carbs:8g, Protein:2g, Fiber:3g, Sodium:295mg, Potassium:274mg