Green Bean Casserole w/Maple Sausage
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 can(s)
- cut green beans
- 1 lb
- jimmy deans maple sausage
- 1 10oz can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 clove
- garlic minced
- 1 2.8oz can(s)
- french's dried onions
- 6 medium
- 1/2 can(s)
- milk (we are using the mushroom soup can for the measurement)
How to Make Green Bean Casserole w/Maple Sausage
- 1First we are going to brown the ground sausage in a large frying pan. We are just going until you no longer see pink, as we will be baking it later.
- 2While the sausage is browning, in an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish, mix the cream of mushroom soup with the milk (using the soup can as the measurement)and pour in the 3 cans drained green beans.
- 3Sprinkle the top of the beans with your favorite Italian seasonings. Also add the garlic. I have used minced garlic, and I have also used garlic powder or garlic salt. It just depends on what I have on hand.
- 4By this time your sausage should be finishing up the browning process. If you don’t see pink, you are ready to drain off the fat and pour the sausage on top of the green beans.
- 5Combine all the ingredients with the cream of mushroom soup so that everything is nicely coated.
- 6On top of the casserole, around the edges of the baking dish sprinkle the French’s onions.
- 7Bake for 30-45 minutes. Once you put your casserole in the oven, make your mashed potatoes.
We eat this served gravy style over the mashed potatoes.