Green Bean Casserole
- 2 9 ounce package frozen french-style green beans
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 10 3/4ounce can lower-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook the onion in margarine until onion is tender. Stir in the bread crumbs; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl stir together the soup, yogurt, pimiento, and pepper. Stir in the beans. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture atop beans in casserole.
4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and the crumbs are golden. If desired, garnish with additional pimiento pieces. Makes 5 side-dish servings.