★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 tspsoy sauce
1 tspgarlic powder
2 tspworcestershire sauce
1chicken bouillon cube
1 lbgreen beans
1 tspjalapeno pepper juice
1/4 capple jelly
6 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Green Bean Bundles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half, lengthwise.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Place the green beans on a rack or special steamer basket over boiling water. Cover with a lid so that the steam does not escape. Steam for a few minutes until done. Set the green beans aside.
- Reserve about 1 cup of the water and dissolve the chicken bouillon cube in it.
- Take about 5 of the green beans and wrap them with a piece of bacon. Tie the bacon into a bow tie. Place the bundles in a shallow baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the reserved stock with the worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, butter, brown sugar, pepper juice and garlic powder. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Melt the jelly in this sauce.
- Marinate the beans in the sauce for 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Drain the beans before baking in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes or until the bacon is done.