Greek Vegetable Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 lb
- 4 medium
- green bell peppers
- red bell pepper
- 2 medium
- 1 c
- olive oil
- 4 medium
- garlic cloves
- 1 tsp
How to Make Greek Vegetable Casserole
- 1Prepare the vegetables: Cut the eggplant, zucchini and potatoes in bite sized chunks (do not peel the zucchini or the eggplant).
- 2Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and slice them into strips.
- 3Peel and slice the onions; dice the tomatoes.
- 4Saute' the vegetables except the tomatoes in the olive oil in small batches.
- 5Saute' each batch for 2 or 3 minutes, then remove from the pan, trying to drain some of the oil so that enough oil is left for the next batch - When you're done, most (if not all) of the oil should be gone from the pan.
- 6Place the sauteed vegetables in a baking dish and toss them briefly so that you won't get only one kind of vegetable in one place.
- 7Add the tomatoes into the pan and saute for a couple of minutes.
- 8Crush the garlic and add to the tomatoes; add the sugar, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for another minute.
- 9Pour the tomato sauce on top of the vegetables and bake at 350 or until the vegetables are tender.
- 10Serve with plenty of fresh bread and, if you like, some feta cheese on the side.