Gratin Of Greens Casserole
★★★★☆ 7 votes4
2 lbspinach, fresh
3/4 colive oil
2 lbswiss chard
1 crice, cooked
3garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cbread crumbs
How to Make Gratin Of Greens Casserole
- Wash the spinach well. Remove the coarse stalks from chard; dry the leaves thoroughly and chop rather fine. Using a heavy skillet, cook spinach in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until just wilted. Drain and put into a large bowl.
- Wash, dry, trim and dice the unpeeled zucchini; add about 4 more tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet. Saute' the zucchini, tossing well until just tender.
- Add zucchini to the spinach and chard, season with salt to taste, and mix in the already cooked rice and garlic. Combine well. Transfer to a well-oiled, heavy 2 quart baking dish. Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil over the top.
- Bake in a 300 oven for 20 minutes. Beat the eggs well; pour them over the vegetables mixture; sprinkle the top with bread crumbs; return to the oven and bake until the eggs are just set, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Eat warm or cold. This makes an excellent luncheon or supper dish.