Granny's Vinegar Green Beans
- 2 lb
- fresh green beans
- small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 slice
- bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- cider vinegar
- 1/4 c
How to Make Granny's Vinegar Green Beans
- 1Trim bean; cut in half if extra long. Cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain, then place in a warm serving dish.
- 2Put onion and bacon in a small skillet and saute until bacon is crisp.
- 3Whisk together eggs, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl, then whisk this mixture into skillet. Heat. When sauce is hot (don't overheat or you will 'scramble' the eggs!), pour over green beans; toss and serve.
- 4*I know there is a concern nowadays about consuming uncooked eggs. Although the eggs in this dish are not fully cooked, they are heated until hot (perhaps 'pasturized'?) - as in Spaghetti Carbonara.