Grandma's Holiday Corn Pudding
- 16 oz
- whole kernel corn,drained well
- 1/4 c
- real butter
- 1/4 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- water, cold
- 2 tsp
- 1 pinch
- white pepper
- 3 large
- eggs,lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 3/4 c
- whipping cream
- creamed corn may be substituted for the whole corn
How to Make Grandma's Holiday Corn Pudding
- 1Combine water and cornstarch in a small dish. Set aside.
In a small saucepan combine the butter, granulated sugar,salt and pepper.Heat until butter melts, then stir in the cornstarch mixture.Cook until mixture has thickened; add drained corn or thawed corn. Stir to combine.
- 2Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole or bowl; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until light; stir in remaining ingredients. Pour corn mixture in and combine and then pour all into prepared casserole.
- 3Bake at 350^ for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve while hot.
This is one of my favorite corn dishes for the holiday table. Yes it's like a soufflé.