Grandma Moore's creamed corn
- six slices bacon
- eight fresh large sweet corncobs, preferably white, husks and silk removed
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
How to Make Grandma Moore's creamed corn
- 1in a large skillet, preferably seasoned cast iron is a good choice here, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate, remove the skillet from the heat and reserve the drippings.
- 2On cutting board, stand up and shave the corn from the cob with a sharp chef's knife. Return the skillet to medium low heat and add the corn kernels. With the back of the knife, firmly scrape the cobs over a shallow plate to extract as much liquid(milk) as possible. Add it to the skillet.
- 3Season the corn lightly with salt and pepper and cook until broken down and creamy, 30 to 45 minutes. Stir often. Add water if the skillet gets too dried. Serve warm or at room temperature.