Grandma Brown's Orange Yams
How to Make Grandma Brown's Orange Yams
- 1Parboil yams in their jackets...Refrigerate over night.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Cut yams into slices lengthwise.
- 4Put in buttered 13x9 baking dish.
- 5In a sauce pan, combine the sugars and cornstarch. Mix until well blended.
- 6Add the orange juice, orange rind, butter, salt and pepper.
- 7Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until clear.
- 8Pour mixture over yams in baking dish.
- 9Bake for 1 hour basting frequently