Grams Squash Casserole (Vegetarian)
- 2 lb
- yellow squash
- 2 lb
- 1 medium
- onion,chopped or diced
- 2 clove
- garlic chopped
- 1 large
- 1 pkg
- ritz like crackers ,crushed
- 2 c
- chedder cheese or jack, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
YOU CAN OMIT THE SQUASH AND ADD CORN AS THE VEGGIE INSTEAD TO MAKE CORN CASSEROLE.BOTH ARE DELISH.
How to Make Grams Squash Casserole (Vegetarian)
- 1Saute squash,onions and garlic in butter (salt and pepper to taste) until tender.
- 2Drain well
- 3put mixture in large bowl,add crushed crackers,stir
- 4add beaten egg(s)when mixture is cool or temper egg
- 5add cheese,mix well reserving 1/2 cup of the cheese
- 6Pour into a buttered 9x13 baking dish or casserole dish
- 7Bake uncovered at 350* for 35 minutes adding the reserved cheese the last 5 minutes of baking time.
- 8let rest about 10 minutes before serving.