Gourmet Spaghetti Squash Casserole
My kids eat this readily, and most people, including kids (who aren't told differently), think they are eating cheesy potatoes made with hash browns.
I haven't tried it yet, but I think this would make a great main dish with shredded chicken or beef added.
- spaghetti squash
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 8 oz
- (2 cups) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- large onion, diced fine, drained
- 2 can(s)
- (4 oz each) mild green chiles, diced, drained (optional)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Gourmet Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1To prepare the squash: Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scrape the center loose stuff & seeds out with a spoon and discard. Cover cookie sheet (with sides) with foil and spray with oil. Place squash cut side down on foil, and add 1 Tbsp of water to cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 45 mins. Let cool enough to handle, then scrape the flesh out with a fork or spoon. Drain "spaghetti" in colander.
- 2Mix the other ingredients in with the squash, put in a greased 9x13 (a bit smaller would work also) pan and bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. (Sprinkle a little cheese on top before baking, if desired.)