Golden Fried Artichokes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 12 small
- lemons, juice and rinds
- 1 c
- egg yolks
- lemon, cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
How to Make Golden Fried Artichokes
- 1Prepare artichokes and cut in half lengthwise to create 3 wedges from each half; keep them in this acidulated water (lemon water) for no longer than 15 minutes..
- 2Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Dredge with flour and shake to remove excess.
- 4Beat the eggs yolks together.
- 5Heat the oil in a small frying pan; dip artichokes in beaten egg and fry, a few at a time, in moderately hot oil until lightly browned on all sides.
- 6Sprinkle with salt, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve immediately.