- 6 large
- sweet onions,thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 can(s)
- cream chicken soup...undiluted
- 1/2 c
- 1/8 tsp
- 3 c
- ( 12 oz) shredded swiss cheese
- 6 slice
- french bread...3/4" thick
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine...melted
How to Make Golden Baked Onions
- 1Saute' onions,in butter,until tender about 12 minutes.
Combine soup,milk,pepper & 2 cups cheese.
Stir in onions.
- 2Transfer to a greased 2 Qt. baking dish.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3Brush bread slices with the melted butter on 1 side. Arrange buttered side up over cheese
- 4Bake,uncovered,350 degrees 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
If desired broil 4-6" from heat until bread is golden brown.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.