Glorious Baked Cheese Cauliflower
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Kelly calls this glorious baked cauliflower. Glorious it is!! Super creamy and cheesy. I put a little Parmesan cheese in the topping for a little extra zing but it would be just as delish without it!! The Test Kitchen
- large head of cauliflower, cut into floweretes
- 4 Tbl.
- butter (1/2 a stick)
- 1/4 cup
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1/8 tsp.
- 2 cups
- tbl. regular or dijon mustard, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups
- (6 oz. block) extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup
- soft fresh bread crumbs
- 1 Tbl.
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp.
- 2 Tbl.
- melted butter
- pinch of salt
How to Make Glorious Baked Cheese Cauliflower
- 1Boil or steam cauliflower in water until just tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Heat oven to 350°.
- 3In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir until smooth and just bubbly. Add salt, pepper, and milk. Cook the sauce, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Add the mustard and cheese and continue cooking, stirring, until cheese is melted.
- 4Combine the cauliflower with sauce and spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- 5Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over the cauliflower mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly and topping is browned. Bake in lower half of oven so top doesn't over brown.