Glazed Carrot Pennies
How to Make Glazed Carrot Pennies
- Peel and trim carrots. Cut carrots crosswise into slices one quarter inch thick (so they look like pennies).
- Place carrot slices in a medium-sized saucepan. Add about one inch of water to saucepan. Set saucepan over high heat and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Cover saucepan and gently simmer carrots until they are just tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain carrots in a colander. Return carrots to saucepan.
- Add butter, sugar, salt and spices to carrots in saucepan.
- Set saucepan over medium heat and cook mixture, stirring constantly, until butter and sugar are melted and form a glaze on carrots, about 4 minutes. Serve immediately.